Distag QCS are a rapidly expanding business, distributing and manufacturing engineering components to Manufacturers and Distributors throughout the UK and Ireland.
The company is structured in four closely related divisions:
Mechanical Power Transmission – Open Drives, including belts, chains, couplings, pulleys, bearings.
Hydraulic Components – Hose, fittings, flexible and steel assemblies, valves, pumps, and cylinders.
Agricultural Trailer Parts and Accessories – axles, suspensions, braking systems, drawbar components
Bespoke Products – offering design and production service from drawings or samples, complete outsourcing solutions
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hardworking, committed, and ambitious individual to join the fast-growing Sales team at Distag QCS.
The successful applicant will be willing to work in a customer facing environment, and have the necessary acumen and personality to build strong relationships with our customer base, both from the office and in the field. They will also need to have sound IT skills with the capability to use our CRM system effectively, and able to use initiative working in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
The role will involve various aspects of our business such as, providing technical advice to our customers, addressing application and quality control issues, liaise with our factories and partners in Europe & Asia.
The ideal candidate will have some sales or business experience in engineering products, preferably within one of our four product divisions. The position might suit a candidate who has worked successfully in an office-based, or service focussed, sales position, and is looking to progress.
Summary of responsibilities may include:
- Develop innovative solutions to suit customer needs and requirements
- Liaise between suppliers and customers.
- Providing technical information to sales team and customers across Ireland & UK
- Establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with customers.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements.
- Advising clients on products or services that will best satisfy their needs.
- Offering after-sales support services
- Assisting the Director’s, or other members of the management team, with any other tasks that may arise, from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have following key skills:
- Relevant sales experience preferably within one or more of our product divisions, i.e. Mechanical Power Transmission/Hydraulics/Agri TP&A/Bespoke Products
- Degree in Business or Mechanical Engineering – beneficial but not essential
- Hands-on approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Team Player
- Sales-orientated, enthusiastic and motivated
- MS Office suite mainly Excel & Outlook
The successful candidate will receive:
- Attractive Salary
- Company Vehicle
- Company iPhone & Laptop
- Social Events
- On-site Parking
Terms & Conditions:
This post has the specified working hours of 40 hours per week, normally 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, with a one hour lunch break, but it is required that the Technical Sales Engineer will work such hours necessary to carry out the duties associated with the post. Overtime is not payable.