Distag offer a highly entrepreneurial environment for talented individuals to grow in. It is an exciting (and challenging) environment, where the work is varied and absorbing – no two days are the same!
We are seeking a dynamic, committed and ambitious account manager to join our expanding team, at our facility in Dungannon.
- Place purchase orders with our various suppliers worldwide, and monitor to ensure timely delivery. Proactively manage backorders, liaise with suppliers when needed to expedite back order and update delivery dates on Herbst accordingly.
- Carry out the relevant system processes in relation to all purchasing functions, including processing Purchase Orders, updating to show expected delivery times and when stock has left suppliers and is in transit, receiving stock in on delivery and invoicing.
- Liaise with the Sales Team in relation to backorder enquiries, assist with special quotations and orders to provide pricing and lead times, where required.
- Monitor customer usage and forecasts, and adjust procurements where necessary.
- Checking documents and creating reports to assist with re-ordering.
- Assist in managing the stock levels across our locations, arranging for stock to be transferred as appropriate.
- Managing inward logistics including arranging collections from local suppliers. Also liaising with forwarding agent on booking of international shipments, obtaining required documents from suppliers and booking deliveries to warehouse.
- Carry out new Brexit related procedures, adhering to TSS requirements.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager to liaise with the Warehouse Management Team to manage the stock check procedure.
- Degree educated or significant experience in a supply chain or procurement environment.
- Demonstrable experience in supplier negotiation.
- Raising Purchase Orders and approving invoice.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised with a proactive approach.
- Proven analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate experience of SAP, Oracle or other MRP systems
Terms & Conditions:
This post has the specified working hours of 40 hours per week, normally 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Thursday, 8.00am – 2.00pm on Fridays with a 30 minute lunch break, but it is required that the Procurement Specialist will work such hours necessary to carry out the duties associated with the post. Overtime is not payable.