Distag QCS ‘Quality Component Solutions’ are a leading manufacturer/distributor operating from three locations across the UK and Ireland.
Our product range is sold to a wide range of OEMs, we specialise in supplying hydraulic steel tube and other components to these manufacturers.
We are recruiting for a Pipe Welder to join our expanding team. As a welder you will be responsible for welding tubes, fittings & component parts to a high-quality standard in order to meet customer ongoing demands.
- MIG welding materials together using various tools and equipment.
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Examining welds and ensuring that all welds meet quality standards.
- Operating power tools.
- Adhering to all health and safety regulations.
- Maintaining high levels of housekeeping
- Any other duties, within reason & capability, as determined by team leader
Qualifications & Experience
- 2 years’ experience in welding with Metal Inert Gas (MIG) to include reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and production processes.
- Welding experience in pipe-welding
- TIG welding experience
Skills and Competencies
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to deal with individuals at all levels of the business successfully;
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative;
- Flexibility to move between required tasks, business needs and departments.