Data Legislation Changes
As you will be aware, data protection laws are changing. From the 25th May 2018 all organisations processing personal information will need to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
The new legislation specifies that any processing of personal data, by a Processor, should be governed by a contract or terms and conditions with certain provisions included. Our updated policy has been drafted to reflect the requirements under GDPR.
This policy was last updated on 22nd May 2018 and is version 1.0
At Distag QCS we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers, suppliers, and visitors to our website. This policy covers all our associated companies: Distag QCS (UK) Ltd, Distag QCS Ltd, Distag Holdings & Quality Component Solutions UK Limited.
Your information and why we process it
At Distag QCS we only collect, keep, or share information for genuine business purposes, when you have approved us to do so, or when we are obliged legally to do so.
We collect information about you in a number of different ways:
- Credit Application Form – We will ask you to provide your company name, contact, telephone number(s), address, email addresses, status of company, registration number, director details, bank details and trade references. This information is required in order for us to provide you with a credit account. To enable us to obtain credit insurance, some of this data will be shared with our credit reference agency; Creditsafe and our credit insurance provider; Euler Hermes, please see the links to their privacy policies here: Creditsafe, Euler Hermes. Your company information will enable us to supply you with the goods or services that you have requested. It also enables us to invoice you and to contact you, where necessary concerning your orders and any other enquiries relating to your account with us.
- Customer Purchase Orders: We will use the information provided on customer purchase orders to fulfil the requirements of your order and deliver your purchases to you or your customer if you instruct us to do so. Your address and occasionally contact email or telephone number is shared with our couriers so that we can deliver the orders to you.
How do we share your personal information?
In addition to the reasons detailed above, we may also share your personal information if we are required to do so by law; for example, where we need to do so in order to enforce rights or protect our interests, to enforce the performance of any contract that we have with you or those of others.
When we need to work with a third party or core service provider, for example a delivery service or IT service provider. Each provider is carefully selected, and we will only pass on the information required for them to be able to perform that service on our behalf. They cannot access your data for any other purpose.
If you have a credit account with us, we may share your company name with Barclays Bank PLC or Allied Irish Banks PLC, in relation to payments due. You can access their privacy policies here: Barclays Bank PLC, Allied Irish Banks PLC.
If necessary, we may pass your personal information to third parties for the prevention of crime, fraud, money laundering and for the tracing of debtors.
As we operate Distag QCS (UK) Ltd alongside our sister company Distag QCS Ltd, and departments within both companies cross over and work together as one business, there may be some transferring of customer information between the two registered companies, for example, the Marketing & ICT departments based in Ipswich at Distag QCS (UK) Ltd, are also responsible for the Marketing & ICT functions for Distag QCS Ltd in Ireland. There may also be instances where information is shared with our other associated companies; Distag Holdings Ltd and Quality Component Solutions (UK) Limited.
Use of personal information for marketing purposes
As a customer of Distag QCS, we may contact you from time to time by email with relevant information, that we believe will be of legitimate interest to you. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by either contacting us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: Distag QCS (UK) Ltd, Unit 24 Farthing Road Industrial Estate, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 5AP or Distag QCS Ltd, Tullow Industrial Estate, Bunclody Road, Tullow, Co. Carlow, R93 V585 or by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ button on any email that you receive from us.
If you decide to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we will keep a record on our system that you do not wish to receive any further marketing related communications from us.
Security and data retention
We employ security measures to protect the information we hold from being accessed by unauthorised parties and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. Please see our Information Technology Policy, for further details.
We will only retain your records as long as is necessary to fulfil the legal purpose. HMRC regulations dictate that we must keep all relevant records for 6 years plus current, otherwise known as 6 years +
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires us to do so.
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal information that we hold about you.
You have the right to request access and copies of the personal information held by us. If you have any questions relating to the information we hold about you or how we use that information, or to make an access request, please contact by email: GDPR@distagqcs.com or write to us at: Distag QCS (UK) Ltd, Unit 24 Farthing Road Industrial Estate, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 5AP or Distag QCS Ltd, Tullow Industrial Estate, Bunclody Road, Tullow, Co. Carlow, R93 V585. The company may require you to verify your identity and the documents required before we make any changes to your personal information or before we release copies to you.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if you feel that there has been an infringement of the GDPR regulations. In the UK, the supervisory authority is: The Information Commissioner’s Office, Water Lane, Wycliffe House, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. In Ireland, the supervisory authority is: Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois.
What information do we collect from you?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, job title, phone number, information obtained.
- Information we collect from your use of our site: DistagQCS (UK) LTD uses a secure Website hosting platform to host our websites (blacknight.com) which includes prevention and encryption Technologies to TLS1.2 standards. SSL Certification resource and cookie tracing (see cookies policy) circus control and event anti spoofing technology and well as Anti virus protection are in force.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our services/web-portals and web-forms.
- Personal information you disclose when using our web-shop (Web-Portal) on our website (Secure Registered Customers) for Product Order and account histories.
- Information we collect throughout our relationship: This is information relating to the provision of our products and services and customer contract purposes.
- Information we collect when you call us: DistagQCS (UK) LTD uses a highly secure MLPS telephone network Protected under SSL and cloud firewall for voice and data controlled by encrypted servers. Our controlled directory management software is used to store telephone number history and call data Information protected by Excell Communications using Mitel Services.
If you call us we will automatically collect the following information:
- The phone number used to call us
- Any personal data disclosed on the call
- Random recording of all inbound and outbound calls via controlled phone monitoring phone systems. Recordings are saved randomly for training purposes only, and recordings are deleted after a 10 day save period
- Information we receive from other sources: We are working closely with other organisations, including:
- Marketing list providers and software platforms (Mail-Chimp,Survey-Planet)
- social media (facebook,Twitter,linked-in,Google,)
- Business partners, subsidiaries, suppliers (see Business partner policy info section)
- Providing us with your details online: This is information you may choose to provide us with using the https://distag.com/contact-us page on our site. It includes your name, telephone number and email address. Please let us know if any of this information changes so we can keep our records up to date.
- Providing us with application details online This is information you may choose to provide us with using the https://distag.com/careers page on our site. It includes your name, address, telephone and personal information.
Why do we collect this information?
We process your personal information for the following reasons:
Pursuant to a contract in order to:
- Process information at your request to take steps to enter into a contract
- Provide you with our products and services
- Maintain business and service continuity
- Send service communications (by email, post or, if the circumstances require it, by phone) so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you, including notifications about changes to our service
- Record information to facilitate your rights under guarantee.
DistagQCS (UK) LTD uses Parcelforce WDM software and DPD active software for deliveries. Both software packages stores customer address information within each contact list database secure environment.
DistagQCS (UK) LTD uses World pay Virtual terminal secure website platform to process payments which includes prevention and encryption Technologies to TLS1.2 standards and secure SSL.
In our legitimate interests of providing the best service and improving and growing our business we will process information in order to:
- Provide you with a personalised service
- Improve our products and services
- Keep our site and systems safe and secure
- Understand our customer base and purchasing trends
- Defend against or exercise legal claims and investigate complaints
- Understand the effectiveness of our marketing
DistagQCS (UK) LTD uses on-site servers and cloud email service providers and is securely protected by several incoming and outgoing SMTP procedures.
Our customer email is scanned by our software platform QBIC which uses the latest secure technologies to prevent spam/anti-spoofing/malware Virus and malicious software entering our servers. All outgoing mail is sent on the highest secure standards using SMTP TLS 1.2. Our service provider Duocircle records tracking and history logs to safely secure your delivered email to your inbox.
Email secure file sharing
DistagQCS (UK) LTD uses a secure Cloud file sharing platform to encrypt and secure sending information though its cloud infrastructure. Citrix Sharefile captures oversized file and manual upload/download procedures, it plugs into our email software to secure large sharing files with customers and internal employees.
We will carry out analytics to improve our products and services and store personal information for diagnostic purposes as set out above.
You have the right to object to processing carried out for our legitimate interests. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
To comply with legal requirements relating to:
- The provision of products and services
- Data protection
- Health and safety
- Anti-money laundering
- Fraud investigations
- Assisting law enforcement
- Any other legal obligations placed on us from time to time
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will keep information about you for a maximum of 7 years after the end of our relationship with you unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required remove such data from our records.
Who might we share your information with?
For the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we will share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and the following categories of third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- Business partners, subsidiaries, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site Auditors
- Marketing support providers, social media marketing suppliers (email distribution)
- Customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services
How is your data stored and kept secure?
DistagQCS (UK) LTD uses Secure data servers and cloud services to store customer data. Our core network infrastructure is has been designed to comply with the latest technologies including anti spoofing/anti malware/virus protection as well as server secure certification compliance.
Our cloud protection uses BIT-defender gravity zone software which branches out our security across our state of art MPLS/VPN network. Our ERP data system provides us with secure personal customer databases protected under a cloud burst firewall encryption method as well as client access encryption with Microsoft enterprise server security protected by Gravity Cloud Software.
At DistagQCS (UK) Limited, we take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All information kept by us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access our our web portal customer services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use the following protection measures:
- Transferring to Commission approved countries
- Using Commission approved model contractual clauses
- Requiring companies we transfer data to in USA/EU to be signed up to certification e.g. Privacy Shield for US and EU regulations security standards.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. More information is available by contacting us.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time. You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
You have the right:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing
- to ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest
- to request from us access to personal information held about you
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services
- to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing)
- to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: ICO
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you or your computer agrees, the file is added and the cookie helps us analyse website traffic and lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, however we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online as well as email our platforms BIT-defender/qbic safeguards such information.
We use the following cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure area of our customer online portal.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences, these can be deleted at any time following your Browser history procedure.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests.
In some special cases Distagqcs (UK) LTD to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on one of our websites or pages you visit to help us to understand how we can improve our services for you.
DistagQCS (UK) LTD use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, social media sites including Facebook and Google+ will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
If you would like to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please visit: Google Analytics Optout
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you would like to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit: allaboutcookies.org