DistagQCS are a rapidly expanding business, distributing and manufacturing engineering components to Manufacturers and Distributors throughout the UK and Ireland.
The company is structured in four closely related divisions:
- Hydraulic Components – hose, fittings, assemblies, steel tubing
- Agricultural Trailer Parts and Accessories – axles, suspensions, braking systems, drawbar components
- Bespoke Products – offering design and production service from drawings or samples, complete outsourcing solutions
- Open Drives – mechanical power transmission components
The company’s major areas of focus, currently, are the manufacturers of Agricultural Machinery and Trailer Manufacturers, and Crushing, Screening and Recycling machinery.
Distag offer a highly entrepreneurial environment for talented individuals to grow in. It is an exciting (and challenging) environment, where the work is varied and absorbing – no two days are the same!
We are seeking a dynamic, committed, and ambitious Warehouse Manager to join our expanding team, at our facility in Dungannon.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the running of our busy warehouse and hose assembly operation in Dungannon.
In more detail the role will include:
- Responsibility for all day-to-day functions and administration of the warehouse, ensuring the efficient and safe storage and dispatch of goods.
- Member of the Distag QCS Management Team
- Supervision, direction, and support of the warehouse staff, on a daily, hands-on basis.
- To manage HR issues as they arise and recruit new team members as the need arises (in liaison with the HR Manager & Management Team).
- To optimise the use of space, and storage equipment, in the warehouse. Organise the layout of the building and racking, to ensure the most efficient operation of the department.
- Tidiness and appearance of the warehouse and ancillary facilities and ensuring that individual team members uphold standards.
- The purchase economically and optimise the use of all packing materials and consumables.
- To manage the overtime carried out and produce the figures for this at the end of each month.
- Facilitating and programming of training, ensuring that all necessary training and qualifications are kept up to date, i.e., Forklifts Licences/Training etc.
- Responsibility for working with the Management Team to maintain the building and yard, including general maintenance, and assisting with making improvements and overseeing work carried out by external tradesmen.
- 2/3 years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory warehouse role.
- Excellent people management and communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with staff members at all levels.
- Strong organisational skills
- Hands on approach
- Customer focused, although the Warehouse Manager will not deal with customers directly most of the time, it is vital that the warehouse remains customer focused at all times.
- Sound IT skills will be required to operate our in-house ERP system effectively.
- Resilient and adaptable to change.