Distag QCS are a rapidly expanding business, distributing and manufacturing engineering components to Manufacturers and Distributors throughout the UK and Ireland.
The company is structured in four closely related divisions:
Mechanical Power Transmission – Open Drives, including belts, chains, couplings, pulleys, bearings, etc.
Hydraulic Components – Hose, fittings, flexible and steel assemblies, valves, pumps, and cylinders.
Agricultural Trailer Parts and Accessories – axles, suspensions, braking systems, drawbar components
Bespoke Products – offering design and production service from drawings or samples, complete outsourcing solutions
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hardworking, committed, and ambitious individual to join the fast-growing Business Development team at Distag QCS.
The successful candidate will support our existing customers and develop new business, working closely with the Internal Sales Team and our Product Line Managers to grow the business in your designated area. They will have sound sales experience, preferably within one of our four product sectors. The position might suit a candidate who has worked successfully in an office-based, or service focussed, sales position, and is looking to progress.
We have a reputation for excellent customer service, and the successful applicant will be comfortable working in a customer facing environment and have the necessary acumen and personality to build strong relationships with our customer base, both from the office and in the field. The ability to grow in a selling role, and the desire to grow in a dynamic sales environment, are also prerequisites. They will also need to have sound IT skills with the ability to use our CRM system effectively, be an excellent communicator, a strong team player, and able to use their initiative, working in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
While the last few years has taught us that a considerable amount of communication can be carried out remotely, via Teams, telephone and email, when needed, we still believe there is no substitute for meeting customers, particularly new prospects face to face. The chosen candidate must be prepared to travel, to visit customers when needed, and will need to stay over some nights when their schedule requires.
We are looking for a genuinely committed individual , who will relish the prospect of joining a dynamic, rapidly expanding business, with a unique offering in industrial distribution.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Searching for new clients who could benefit from your products in a designated region.
- Establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with customers.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements.
- Advising clients on products or services that will best satisfy their needs.
- Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions.
- Offering after-sales support services.
- Assisting the Director’s, or other members of the management team, with any other tasks that may arise, from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have following key skills:
- Relevant sales experience preferably within one or more of our product divisions, i.e. Mechanical Power Transmission/Hydraulics/Agri TP&A/Bespoke Products
- Degree in Business or Mechanical Engineering – beneficial but not essential
- Hands-on approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Team Player
- Sales-orientated, enthusiastic and motivated
- MS Office suite mainly Excel & Outlook
The successful candidate will receive:
- Attractive Salary
- Company Vehicle
- Company iPhone & Laptop
- Social Events
- On-site Parking
Terms & Conditions:
This post has the specified working hours of 40 hours per week, normally 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, with a one hour lunch break, but it is required that the BDM will work such hours necessary to carry out the duties associated with the post. Overtime is not payable.